A healthy dinner on the grill is great during the summer. The last thing you want to do now is, turn on the oven and add more heat to the house. You can use this as an easy way to cook veggies for any family or for a social gathering. It might take a little training for the grill masters in the family but I guarantee it’s worth it.
You can do this with many different veggies but, cauliflower is one of my favorites. Have you ever seen this type of cauliflower before, the one pictured below?
Its called Romaine (Romanesco) Cauliflower. The perfect symmetry and geometric shapes just mesmerize me.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-size pieces. The smaller you cut them, the faster they will cook.
- Then make an easy to clean pan out of aluminum foil. Fold all 4 sides down to make it sturdier, these will become the sides of the pan.
- Then fold the two long ends skyward.
- Then fold up the two short ends and pinch out the corners. You can leave the corners out for something to grab for transportation or you may fold them in to help sturdy the sides, whichever is best for you.
- Set pan aside.
- Go back to the cauliflower and toss them in oil and seasonings. My favorite right now is avocado oil because it can withstand higher cooking temperatures without breaking down. I toss the cauliflower in a big bowl or a zip lock bag if I’m feeling clumsy.
- Add some roasted garlic and street steak seasoning or any seasoning of your choice.
- Toss the whole pan on the grill next to your lean protein. Use a spatula to toss the cauliflower around about halfway through to make sure it’s not burning.
- When they are ready to come off the grill, they should have a few darker caramel colored marks but not to be overdone. Veggies should still have a little bite to them when they are done properly. If they are really soft they are overdone and a lot of the good nutrients are gone.
Note: Whenever I make an amazing dinner like this, I usually make enough for dinner and lunch the next day. It makes lunch prep so much easier and often food tastes better the next day.
Please let me know when you try this and how it turns out. Also, do you have any other amazing veggie grilling ideas? I love trying new things on the grill in the summer.
Until Next Time,
Stay Happy and Healthy,